DCMI Education Committee
The DCMI Education Committee coordinates activities and publications that teach and inform users about current developments and technologies for metadata. The committee organizes webinars and tutorials and commissions blog posts for audiences ranging from newcomers to experts, including teachers of metadata in both academic and professional settings. The committee currently has eight task groups:
- TG 1: Blogs from webinars, meetings, workshops, and conferences. Yunhyong Kim, Jennifer Campbell-Meier.
- TG 2: Summaries of key articles on metadata. Kai Eckert (chair), Viviane Hessami, Mikko Koho, Gema Bueno-de-la-Fuente, Kanyarat Kwiecien, Gila Prebor, Farrah Diana Saiful Bahry, Joseph Kiplangat, Paola Manoni, Inkyung Choi.
- TG 3: Reports on metadata standards and revisions. Marcia Zeng, L. P. Coladangelo.
- TG 4: Tutorials on new metadata applications. Magnus Pfeffer (chair), Kai Eckert, Francisco Carlos Paletta, Yunhyong Kim, Elisa Cerveira, Joseph Kiplangat.
- TG 5: Quarterly bulletins from Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Francisco Carlos Paletta, Ying-Hsang Liu, Ruhua Huang, Inkyung Choi.
- TG 6: Dublin Core usage in other models. Francisco Carlos Paletta (co-chair), Mikko Koho (co-chair), Sophy Shu-Jiun Chen, Ying-Hsang Liu, Gema Bueno-de-la-Fuente, Paola Manoni.
- TG 7: DCMI website. Nishad Thalhath (chair), Farrah Diana Saiful Bahry, Ying-Hsang Liu.
- TG 8: DCMI Webinars. Karen Wickett (chair), Inkyung Choi.