- Starts at
- Mon, Nov 6, 2023, 09:00 South Korea Time
06 Nov 23 00:00 UTC)
- Finishes at
- Mon, Nov 6, 2023, 09:30 South Korea Time
06 Nov 23 00:30 UTC)
- Gyeongha Hall 1
- Kyong Eun Oh
Kyong Eun Oh
Kyong Eun Oh is an Associate Professor and the Director of the Ph.D. program in the School of Library and Information Science at Simmons University. She is serving as the Program Chair of the DCMI 2023 Annual Conference. She served as the Chair of the Best Practice track at the DCMI 2021 Annual conference, and the Co-Chair of the Best Practice track at DCMI 2020 Annual Conference. She has been serving on the DCMI Governing Board since 2014.
Oh teaches graduate courses in information organization, metadata, and research methods. Her research interests include personal information management, information organization, and information behavior. She studies how people manage and organize their digital files and how people use and interact with information in everyday life.
Oh earned her Ph.D. at Rutgers University, School of Communication & Information. She received her M.A. in Library & Information Science, and her B.A. in English Language & Literature as well as Library & Information Science from Yonsei University in Seoul, Korea.
- D: “Did you, Alice dear, made up your mind about which conference to grace with your presence?”
- C: “Contemplating matters pertaining, I find myself, the wondrous world of metadata innovation in a data-intensive era the time being."
- M: “Might I be so bold as to suggest the enchanting DCMI 2023 gathering, set to unfurl its marvels at KNU, in Daegu, Korea, this coming November?”
- I: “I'm positively delighted to receive your suggestion. Indeed, I shall make haste to attend and immerse myself in the conference's delights.”
Kyungpook National University
Heesop Kim is a Professor in the Department of Library & Information Science at Kyungpook National University, Korea, where he has been a faculty member since 2003. Prior to becoming a faculty member, he worked as a senior researcher at the Electronics & Telecommunication Research Institute for 12 years.
Heesop completed his Ph.D. at Northumbria University and M.Phil. at Sheffield University, UK, with the British Council Scholarship. His research interests lie in the field of information retrieval, ranging from theory to design to implementation. He actively collaborates with researchers in several other disciplines of computer science, particularly deep learning, on the issues of user interaction and information searching. He teaches mainly on Information Retrieval, Digital Libraries, Information Systems, and User Interaction for undergraduate and graduate students. He has been serving as the committee member of ISO TC46 since 2005.