The DCMI 2019 Conference has a new track for Work-in-Progress Posters as an additional opportunity to present, share and exchange information about innovation, implementation and best practices related to metadata. These posters are not peer-reviewed in order to maximize the possibility for the presenters to engage with attendees and receive feedback from leading researchers, consultants, and practitioners of the metadata community.
Submissions are welcome in the following broad categories of metadata design, deployment and best practices of the conference:
- Metadata principles, guidelines, and best practices
- Curation, governance, and sustainability
- Conceptual models and frameworks
- Lessons from implementation
- Interoperability and harmonization
- Metadata quality and validation
- Metadata for research data
- The role of metadata for AI, analytics and knowledge discovery
- The role of metadata in supporting digital humanities.
- WHAT: Brief abstract describing a poster, along with title, author(s), and five keywords.
- WHEN: Submit by July 26, 2019. Author notification August 2, 2019.
- HOW: [Submit the abstract to EasyChair]. Poster images, if already available, may be submitted in ODF (Open Office), DOC, DOCX, PDF, JPEG, JPG, GIF, or PNG.
The decision of acceptance for the Work-in-Progress Posters will be made by the conference organizers.