Note: the resources listed below are dated and maintained for archival purposes only
From the LRMI Metadata Meetup, July 2014
The LRMI Education Metadata Update in Washington, DC, featured more than a dozen presenters discussing LRMI usage in a variety of settings: statewide education initiatives, developers/solutions providers, content providers/curators, and nonprofit institutions.
- Education Metadata Meetup | Intro & Background – Michael Jay & Dave Gladney
- Intel Education on the Need for Standards | Education Metadata Meetup – Randy Reina (Intel)
- The Learning Registry Project | Education Metadata Meetup – Steve Midgley (US Dept. of Ed.)
- ISLE Open Education Resources Enabling Open Access and Integration | Education Metadata Meetup – Jeanne Kitchens (SIU Center for Workforce Development)
- Integrating Metadata into WISE Learn | Education Metadata Meetup – Elizabeth Neuman (Wisconsin Dept. of Public Instruction)
- Helping Educational Content Reach Intended Audiences | Education Metadata Meetup – Brian Ausland (Navigation North)
- Metadata Sandboxing | Education Metadata Meetup – Thor Prichard (Clarity Innovations)
- Leveraging Metadata in K12 | Education Metadata Meetup – Steve Nordmark (Knovation)
- BrainPOP LRMI Case Study | Education Metadata Meetup – David Grandison (BrainPOP)
- Dynamic Metadata: Remixing Content | Education Metadata Meetup – Michelle Brennan (ISKME/OER Commons)
- Building for Efficacy at Pearson | Education Metadata Meetup – Marlowe Johnson (Pearson)
- Smithsonian Show & Tell | Education Metadata Meetup – Melissa Wadman & Darren Milligan (Smithsonian Center for Learning and Digital Access)
- LRMI & NYPL | Education Metadata Meetup – Maggie Jacobs (New York Public Library)
LRMI Session at SXSWedu, March 2014
Video from the LRMI session at the SXSWedu conference, featuring Michael Jay of Educational Systemics, Trilby Berger of MetaMetrics, and Sue Buesing of Buesing & Associates.
Presentation on Education Talk Radio, Nov. 2013
Larry Jacobs interviews LRMI Project Manager Dave Gladney and Educational Systemics President Michael Jay on the topic of [Ed Resource Cataloging With LRMI](http://www.blogtalkradio.com/edutalk/2013/11/07/ed-resource-cataloging- with-lrmi-1)
Presentation at EDPUB Conference in Boston, Oct. 2013
Extending Schema.org to Improve Education Resource Discovery & Accessibility by Michael Jay of Educational Systemics and Gerardo Capiel from Benetech.
LRMI Workshop in Denver, Colorado, Sept. 2013
- LRMI: Background and State of the Spec – Dave Gladney and Michael Jay
- Extending LRMI: PD & Accessibility Communities of Practice – Lisa McLaughlin
- Using LRMI: Applying LRMI With Digital Tools – Sue Cowden, Thor Prichard, Jim Klo, and Jason Hoekstra
LRMI Session at STATS Conference in Washington, DC, July 2013
See presentations on "What's New with the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (and Why I Should Care)" by Tim Farquer, Jim Goodell, Jason Hoekstra, and Michael Jay.
LRMI Session at ISTE in San Antonio, June 2013
See [presentations](http://www.slideshare.net/edpublishers/compiled-lrmi- iste13-presentation) by Marti Heyman, Cengage Learning; Roger Rosen, Rosen Publishing; and Michael Jay, Educational Systemics.
LRMI Workshop in Washington, DC, June 2013
This free, full-day workshop included presentations by the following presenters:
Watch the LRMI presentation from the 2012 Frankfurt Book Fair: "Education Metadata—Why the LRMI Will Change Your Business." Slides available via [Slideshare](http://www.slideshare.net/edpublishers/education-metadatawhy- the-lrmi-will-change-your-business-14773082)
Fifteen-minute demo of the **open source tagger** application being developed by Agilix Labs, Inc., hosted by Eric Weiss, LRMI Project Lead at Agilix.
(Blackboard Collaborate download required)
LRMI Technical Working Group member Phil Barker (JISC CETIS) held a webinar that covered both Schema.org and the LRMI as well as a more in-depth look at implementation.
This session from AEP's June 2012 Metadata Lab includes includes prsentations from the following presenters:
This session from AEP's June 2012 Metadata Lab includes presentations by the following presenters: