DCMI Citations Working Group
|2006-03-31||Citation Standards||Ann Apps||Working Group Resource - Completed|
|2005-02-28||Guidelines for Encoding Bibliographic Citation Information in Dublin Core™ Metadata||Ann Apps||Completed. Published as DCMI Recommendation.|
|2003-08-31||DCMICite: a Bibliographic Citation Dublin Core™ Structured Value Encoding Scheme||Ann Apps||Completed. Withdrawn.|
|2003-05-31||List of Citation Styles as Encoding Schemes||Ann Apps||Working Group Resource - Completed|
|2002-08-22||List of Identifier Encoding Schemes||Ann Apps||Working Group Resource - Completed|
|2002-03-28||A bibliographicCitation element Refinement for dc:identifier||Ann Apps||Completed|
|1999-11-03||Qualifier Proposal||Cliff Morgan||Completed|
|1999-07-02||Bibliographic Citation Working Draft - 1999-07-02||Cliff Morgan||Completed|
The initial focus of the Working Group was on capturing the complete bibliographic citation information for a journal article within the metadata for that article itself. This was extended to encompass citation information for references and other genres of bibliographic resources. Reference citation information may be encoded in the dcterms:references element refinement of dc:relation.
Archive: Download the mail archive (219k Zip)
- 2005-06-13: Guidelines for Encoding Bibliographic Citation Information in Dublin Core™ Metadata published as a DCMI recommendation.
- 2003-08-31: DCMICite: a Bibliographic Citation Dublin Core™ Structured Value Encoding Scheme proposal submitted to DCMI Usage Board. Proposal subsequently withdrawn and deprecated.
- 2002-10-16: Working Group meeting at DC2002 in Florence. Italy
- **2002-10-13:***bibliographicCitation_, an element refinement for dc:identifier, approved as conforming by the DCMI Usage Board
- 2002-03-28: Two proposals, "A citation element Refinement for dc:identifier" and "A Journal Article Bibliographic Citation Dublin Core™ Structured Value", completed and submited to DCMI Usage Board
- 2001-10-23: Working Group meeting at DC-9 in Tokyo, Japan. Decision to split 'Recording Bibliographic Citation Information for Journal Articles in Dublin Core' proposal into several different proposals as shown on the work plan.
- 2001-10-05: Working draft document Recording Bibliographic Citation Information for Journal Articles in Dublin Core™
- 2001-05-16: Working Group reopened as the DCMI Citation Working Group. Note: the edition/version/release issue is now out-of-scope of this working group.
- 2001-03-15: Meeting at University of Bath, UK (hosted by UKOLN) attended by a small group of interested people.
- 2000-10-06: DCMI Bibliographic Citations and Versions Working Group wound up. Cliff Morgan stood down as chair.
- 2000-10-04/06: DC8 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Agreed on updated Qualifier Proposal (2000)
- Plenary at DC8. Discussion and informal voting by all delegates.
- 1999-10-25/27: Working group meeting at DC7 in Frankfurt, Germany. Agreed on
Qualifier Proposal (1999)
- Citation information should be included in DC.Identifier with a 'Citation' qualifier, except for ISSN which should be in DC.Relation.IsPartOf
- Edition/version/release information should be an element qualifier of Description, either 'Release' or 'Notes'
- 1999-07-02: Bibliographic Citation Working Draft. This proposed:
- including citation information in a DC.Relation element with an IsPartOf qualifier
- including edition/version/release information in DC.Title with a 'Release' qualifier. Other options considered were: Description; Identifier; Relation.IsVersionOf.
- 1998-11-04: DCMI Bibliographic Citations and Versions Working Group constituted. Founded after DC6, the original
charter of this group was:
"This group is responsible for identifying standard methods for including bibliographic citation information about resources in their own metadata, and related problems of identifying resource version information."