Webinar: Creating Content Intelligence: Harmonized Taxonomy & Metadata in the Enterprise Context
|Title:||Creating Content Intelligence: Harmonized Taxonomy & Metadata in the Enterprise Context|
Many organizations have content dispersed across multiple independent repositories, often with a real lack of metadata consistency. The attention given to enterprise data is often not extended to unstructured content, widening the gap between the two worlds and making it near impossible to provide accurate business intelligence, good user experience, or even basic findability.
How do you bring all those disparate efforts together to create content intelligence across the organization? This webinar will describe the benefits and challenges in developing metadata and taxonomy across multiple functional areas, creating a unified Enterprise Content Architecture (ECA).
Hear about real enterprise metadata & taxonomy harmonization projects in different contexts, including a greeting card company, a media company, an automotive manufacturer and a consumer food manufacturer. See how they worked to harmonize across a number of diverse systems that supported multiple functions, from creative processes to manufacturing to reporting.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- how the concept of Enterprise Content Architecture unifies multiple disciplines, including information management, data management and content strategy;
- the difference and similarities between master data and business metadata;
- how enterprise-level metadata and taxonomy helps drive semantic interoperability and improve business processes;
- how taxonomy can be harmonized across diverse systems and provided as a service; and
- how to build support and governance for enterprise-level attention to taxonomy and metadata from within a project
Participant Experience Level: Basic familiarity with taxonomy and metadata assumed.