innovation in metadata design, implementation & best practices
DCMI Education Community
DCMI Education Working Group - 2002
Join this working group...
||DCMI Education Working Group
||Stuart Sutton, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information School at the University of
||This working group is currently
The objectives of the Working Group in 2001-2002
are to continue discussion and development of
proposals for the use of Dublin Core metadata in
the description of educational resources. The scope
includes educational resources applicable for many
national education communities and cross-sectoral
communities (e.g., pre-school, K-12, further and
higher education, vocational and technical
training, and lifelong learning). The Working Group
will continue its work in the development of
qualifiers to the DCMES and/or domain specific
elements, element qualifiers and value qualifiers
to describe educational materials for the purpose
of enhancing resource discovery.
Jump to: Milestones/Deliverables | Open Issues | Forums | Background | History | Related Work | Resources
||AudienceLevel proposal to Usage Board
||Complete discussion of audience characteristics
||Report to be presented:
||Complete work gathering teaching processes and
||Proposal for 'type' vocabulary
||Report in preparation
|June - August 2002
||Discussion Time Line: Intrinsic learning
Open Issues [top]
A list of as yet unresolved issues, or those ideas or problems that are still under discussion.
- Resource 'type' vocabulary development - See Milestones/Deliverables for 2001-2002
- 'dc-ed:audience' element refinement - See Milestones/Deliverables for 2001-2002
- Teaching/learning processes and characteristics - See Milestones/Deliverables for 2001-2001
Decisions are made by obtaining a consensus from a broad range of individuals and organizations. Listed here are some of the places where discussions take place:
Working Group mailing list:
To Join or Leave Mailing List:
To Access Mailing List archive: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/DC-EDUCATION.html
Information on discussions and decisions that were used to support the creation of this working group.
Information on when this working group was constituted, dates of group meetings and results from those meetings, etc.
Date constituted: 1999-08-09
- DC-7 Face-to-Face Meetings: October 1999 (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Australian Face-to-Face Meeting: February 2000 (Melbourne, Australia) - Draft Proposal
- DC-Education Draft Proposal to DC Advisory Committee: 2000-04-30
- DC-8 Face-to-Face Meetings: October 4-5, 2000 (Ottawa, Canada)
- Revised DC-Education Draft Proposal to DC Advisory Committee: 2000-10-05
- Date rechartered: 2000-10-06
- DC-9 Face-to-Face Meeting: October 2001 (Tokyo, Japan)
- Date rechartered: 2001-10-27
Links to groups, reports, software, projects, etc. that would be of interest to the participants of this working group.
Information, standards and reports that were used to support the decisions and discussions in this working group.